Monday, August 6, 2012

Catholic Womens Almanac

Linking up with the ladies from Suscipio...

Moments of Gratitude
-through the heat we have managed to keep our house orderly
-kiddie pool on the deck
-movie nights with Andrew
-being able to be home with the kids
-found out the lake near our home is closed for construction, even though Cosette was sad we turned it into laughter and had a awesome time at the playground as a family.  Lots of jokes, giggles and suntanning.


From the Kitchen
-Frugal and creative
lots of pasta
-next week there were be lots of corn on the cob and cold supper in the humidity
-smoothie pops

Praying
-praying for my husband to find work.  I am also looking to go back part time.  This is hard as I want to be with my children as much as possible for their well being but we must work.

Pondering
-my patience level was not good lately as I have had lots of worry on my heart.  I am sure that I could have been more patient with my family.

Reading
-The art of Confession
-natural health magazines

The Web
-I have starting pinning ideas for Christmas.  November catches up to me and I am scrambling.

Hot spots
-laundry
-dusting

Blessings on your week.









8 comments:

  1. I too have started thinking Christmas. The year I had my 5th baby, an October baby, I was finished before she was born. I loved having everything finished that early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samantha...I feel for you. I work part-time and honestly...I hate being away from home even though my youngest is 8. I am trying to be grateful that I can work part-time and still contribute to our income while being home most of the week...but it's tough.

      Christmas gets harder when they get older. I miss the days when they are delighted with the most simplest of things.

      In my prayers...

      Delete
    2. thank you for your prayers. The job thing is really getting to us....but trying to stay hopeful in the Lord and see the good things.

      Yes mine are still young where we can improvise. ;)

      Hope you are well!

      Delete
    3. going to try hard this year to make it so very special by starting early and being a little more organized. Going to have to be creative. I'm excited actually because my daughter and i love making things.

      Delete
  2. Samantha, Praying for the worries to be lifted from your heart..+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Caroline. Your blog is beautiful!

      Delete
  3. Praying for you Samantha! I might have to find work outside the home soon too and I really don't want to. But we will do what we must and trust in God's providence to get us through I guess. Just wish it wasn't so hard sometimes! Praying that things improve for you soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Susan! We do what we must and yes it is hard but I am trying to wait on the Lord and trust!!

      Delete