Friday, August 17, 2012

Moments of Grace

Well I can certainly notice our moments of grace this week.  They have to do with discernment.  Poor sweet Andrew was getting restless.  When it is ingrained in someone to work and provide for their family it has to be hard when their spouse gets a position to work and they still have no prospects.  He wanted me to stay home with the kids.  He wanted me to aspire to start the home business that I have been wanting to for years. We know what it means for the kids to have their mother around.  But yet, here I was working.  That was a blessing, we were glad.....for one shift.  Yup, that's all God let me do.

Andrew ended up with two job opportunities.  And he got one, full time. It isn't a lot of money by most people's standards but it is more than he has made since we have moved here.  I know it is a job he can do.
He was so relieved....and after crunching the numbers and trying to work out child care....not only would our relationship suffer, kids suffer, but I would be barely making any money.

So here I am.....working on planning my home business!! Liam is teething, i am not sleeping but it's ok, my work is here. Sleep deprived and excited for the unknown....

all with the support and grace of one good, traditional understanding man.  He gets me.  More than I thought.

sweet man....i love you. Thanks for your support.

Pretty excited to get started on Cocobean Home Interior Designs! Isn't this Michael Miller fabric lovely?!


Blessings! :)


5 comments:

  1. Best wishes with your business and pray your husband's new job is fruitful for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayyy!!! Oh I am so with you on the plans. My husband was laid off over 2 years ago and it took until now to find stable employment. It is less than what he was making but it is a good opportunity for him and we have benefits now. There was always this guilt *should I go full time*? But we knew it was not where God wanted me. Very part-time for now...it's up to God how long.

    Many prayers and blessings as you both begin your journeys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i have had the same thoughts! I have felt so helpless for him... a the same time having such a pull as a mother and a wife. And you know what it is like for someone with depression. Work can be difficult. It is early but it looks like the job could be good!

      God will indeed let us know what we are ready for and what to strive for. I am so excited to get started on my business it is hard to be patient lol.

      thank you for the blessings, i hope you are well.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your new endeavor. Hope you can get some more sleep!

    ReplyDelete