Monday, July 16, 2012

CWA - Catholic Women's Almanac

Linking up with the ladies from Suscipio

Moments of Gratitude:
>better communication with Andrew
>finding peace during mass despite the heat
>my son repeating mama (he rarely says it)
>having quiet moments without interruption  to watch movies
>for the women on Suscipio, for lifting me up and inspiring me on a daily basis. This has brought so much into my life for the last few months.

Beauty in the Ordinary: 
My husband is a very quiet man and he is teaching me (he doesn't know it) about the beauty of silence.  I am trying to practice being more comfortable with silence.  I found beauty in his reflection.  He loves to sit in his chair and read and he reminds me to take time for myself in order to have more space for others.

I am seeing beauty through reading more about the saints.

From the Kitchen: 
Truthfully, it has been so so hot that I have not had much motivation to cook.  I did make an organic roast chicken and thought perhaps if I do that again I will do it in the fall.....we have no air conditioning.

Praying:
For my daughter who is on vacation with her grandparents.
For Andrew to find the job God wants him to have.
To come up with more motivation to serve others.  There is a walk for Haiti coming up with our church.  I would like to feel confident enough to fundraise.

Pondering:
how to be more organized with a teething baby etc.

Reading: 
about nutrition and organic cooking and also still working on Where There is Love, There is God - Mother Theresa

Looking Ahead:
saving money for a vacation, thinking about my daughter starting kindergarten.

Have a wonderful blessed week.





3 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha. My husband is a quiet man as well. I enjoy his peaceful silence. Let me know how it goes being better organized with a teething baby. We will be entering the teething stage any day, if we;re not already there. I'm trying one of those amber teething necklaces with him. If it works, I want a 'do over' with my other six, {grin}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the amber teething necklace. I have heard of that. My guy is almost 17 months but he was a slow teether and he is getting a whole bunch at once! He just wants his mom at all moments and he wants to nurse for comfort...so...we have done the acceptance thing around the house in terms of cleaning duties lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love the bit "...take time for myself so that I have more space for others." I SO need to ingrain that into my brain!

    ReplyDelete