Saturday, July 21, 2012

Moments of Grace

Linking up with the ladies from Suspicio.

I recently gave my husband some advice regarding letting go and accepting and praying and forgiving etc.  Especially when it comes to our parents mistakes....

Funny thing...God has a sense of humor.  Through the holy spirit God has led me start praying the Liturgy of the Hours (short version) and through this and all the therapy session I was giving my husband....I let go.  I begin to LET GO.  I was also struggling with the past and it wasn't I speaking to my husband but the holy spirit was He was talking to me too.  It is so easy to give others we love advice like a walking text book....and then we see ourselves in it....that is the hard part!! It took me for a loop.

How much more grace could I receive?  Yesterday was frought with anxiety for me.  Tears etc.  And then I knew why!  The day before I had talked to my husband about all this 'letting go" and it was overwhelming.  When I took my own advice some feelings surfaced and I started accepting.  But it took some tears first.

Sometimes God does really heal in his own way.  He is healing both of us so we can have the entirety of the sacramental marriage that he would fashion that includes him.  It is not easy to include the Lord in all things.  He has this way of being the mirror to which we must face things in order to love as he loved.

I would call that Grace.  I would even call the pain grace because this morning I woke up full of letting it all go and turning to Him.

Thank you for your grace Lord.

*picture from www.turnbacktogod.com - artist unknown*

2 comments:

  1. This is just incredibly heartfelt and moving and true... What a testimony to the beautiful gift of the Sacrament of Marriage. Grace, indeed. (I am visiting from Suscipio and I am so glad that I stopped by.) Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the pain of grace. Yes, grace is even in pain isn't it? There is no area of our lives where God the Father is not present.

    ReplyDelete