Saturday, July 28, 2012

Moments of Grace

Linking up with the ladies from Suspicio...

These may seem small....but small grace leads to God.

-lacking sleep so badly and my husband taking the reins, remaining calm in all the days chaos, putting a few loads of laundry in for me, taking the baby to play when my daughter and I wanted to swim together (water babies!!)

-remaining in prayer every night with Andrew.  We have taken on Liturgy of the Hours evening and night prayer together. This has enriched our relationship.

-my daughter came back from her dads like she does every second week. Sometimes she struggles with transition.  This week she seemed to be more at peace.  She was a helpful big sister.

-leftovers in the heat

-communicating about our finances in a productive way

-last night was my first half decent sleep of the week

-losing the internet for 2 days causing me to see that it can suck up precious time if over used.  I don't tend to go on that much but I can see how it can become a habit.  I spent more time with my husband in the morning and evening.

-finding creative things to do when we lack to income.  We seem to have fun as a family no matter what's in the bank.

-somehow through the teething and crying etc....Andrew and I find time to connect nightly. 

It was easier to find the little things than I first thought.  Blessings on your week!


3 comments:

  1. Love, love your list Samantha! So many near to my own heart. I know the feeling of sleep deprivation very well...and I know the grace of a good night's sleep!

    So great your husband and you are joining in Evening Prayer...love it!

    Your moments of grace made me smile...and that is a grace...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet and happy my little life makes someone smile! Yes I am loving the 'old school' prayer. Somewhere along the line we lost this sense of vulnerability with God...I believe the Liturgy contains that. :) And of course the psalms! Your writing is very beautiful. I enjoy the blog you have and sometimes when I am reading or praying I turn up the music you have! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list - thank you for sharing.

    blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete